The Clinical Workflow Specialist facilitates in-person and webinar-based training programs for providers and Care Center staff. The trainings set Care Centers up for success using the EHR , emphasize Trinetic Best Practice workflows, and operationalize population health initiatives. In addition, the Clinical workflow Specialist will serve as a resource to colleagues in a workflow expert capacity.
Primary Job Duties:
- Delivers pre-live training to physicians, providers, and office staff on Trinetic’s processes and EHR software.
- Delivers post-live training to physicians, providers, and office staff focused on efficiency, delegation, and population health initiatives.
- Utilizes curriculum and training materials to provide technical training and orientation to clinical and desktop applications.
- Works collaboratively with other client-facing teams to provide excellent customer service to Care Centers.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Clinical Training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program.
- Participates in designing and developing workflow enhancements that align with best practices and Trinetic programs.
- Participates in educational and leadership opportunities to enhance professional growth and clinical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledgeable about extended medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with a variety of personnel within teams and across organizational lines.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Must have valid drivers license
- Must have reliable form of transportation.
- Must be able to be on their feet for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Previous experience with Athena’s Clinicals and Collector software.
- 2-3 years experience with EHR training.
- Certification as a “Super User” within an EHR.
- Demonstrated experience in development and editing of instructional material.
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create visible value.
- A team approach to working with others, ability to perform a variety of duties within any work-day and organizational skills from planning to execution of tasks and projects.
- Process-oriented with the ability to drive a project to completion.
- Conflict management skills.
- Problem-solving skills with a proven track record.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Self-directed and resourceful.
- Excellent communication and client facing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Technical aptitude.